Monday, March 1, 2010

Star of the Week: EMILY ANDERSON

When I was student-teaching in first grade, we always had a "Star of the Week", in which one student had their chance to shine. It was always fun to see their creativity and a great opportunity for the rest of the kids in class to get to know them. I've decided to do a weekly feature called "Star of the Week" in which I will highlight fantastic blogs that I have fallen in love with. So, without further adieu, here is my first ever Star of the Week:


Her profile:

i am 28. i am married to mr. anderson. i have 4 little people. i love jesus. i am a photographer. i love to get crafty with it. i am very sarcastic...which you may or may not pick up on in my ramblings. don't be offended.
thanks for stopping by my little place in the world wide web. thanks for your nice comments. i love them. i try my hardest to return the favor, but sometimes my little ankle biters don't allow me the time. enjoy reading about our crew.


And here are just a few reasons why her blog is fabulous...

#1. Her posts are genuine. And hilarious. And sarcastic. My top 3 "must-haves" :). Here's one of my favorite excerpts:


being a mom of 3 boys is full of fun.
full of crazy.
full of loud.
full of spiderman underwear.
and full of lots and lots of pee around the toilet.
but we LOVE our boys.

Too funny!


#2. She is a creative decorator. Here is a glimpse of the co-ed kids' room she designed:


Click here for more pictures of the space.

#3. Usually, playlists annoy me. As soon as I hear the first few notes of whatever obnoxious song is playing, I'm like "Where is the playlist hiding?! I need to turn off this junk!" However, Emily has an amazing Playlist. On more than one occasion, I have actually left her blog page open, just so I could listen to all of the fantastic songs {would someone please buy me itunes? jeez}.

#4. She has the cutest family you will ever see:




#5. She does neat little craft projects...like this and this and this.

#6. She takes amazing pictures. Seriously. A.MA.ZING. For example:





Here is a link to her photography website.

#7. And last but definitely not least, she is honest.

I hope you enjoyed this tiny glimpse of Emily at "Anderson Family Crew"! Please check out her blog and let her know how truly awesome she is! :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, I've ALWAYS loved Emily's blog, and her little cuties! :) Fun feature!

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh I can't wait to check it out!! I always like a good playlist. Thanks for sharing. She looks darling.

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

What a very cute post and a great introduction to a great blogger!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

awww she is TOO fun!!!
thank you for sharing!!
love the new pic! you look beautiful!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Wow, I enjoyed it a lot! Her fabrics are so bold and graphic!! Her photos are beautiful!!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I can't wait to go check her blog out!!

emily anderson said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! thank you so much for this!! seriously girl, you just made my WEEK! thanks so much!

i also was stopping by to tell you that i LOVE west chester. have always wanted to live there. i have a really good friend who lives there (we met about 10 years ago)...and so, when i would visit, i would just fall in love with that town. ahhhh.
thanks again!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love this. Her photographs are amazing! I can't wait to visit her blog.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I clearly see why you mentioned Emily! Love it. But... your blog is lovely as well. Off to visit some of your past posts... after that I will be off to visit Emily!
Have a sweet day!
Saskia

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

Definitely heading over to check it out. Thanks! And agree about the beautiful photos.

Cheers,
Alaina

Mande said...

I know this is an older post, but I just love her!! One of my favorite reads too!! xo

The Bonjour Four said...

Love Emily and her precious blog! I leave her blog open too to listen to her music. Haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails