Sunday, October 10, 2010

Candle Sconces

I'd really like to purchase some contemporary candle sconces to place on either side of the mirror in our living room. Most of what I've found online are a bit traditional for our taste. John and Sherry's sconces are just what I'm looking for:


Unfortunately, it appears that ZGallerie no longer sells them. Wah wah wah.

This one is fun:

...but it might be a little too blingy for my husband's liking.

I love the modern design and color of this one:

...but it's about 5 times more than I'd like to pay.

Any ideas?

Also, who would like to buy me this fabulous rug from CSN for our living room?


The 5'x8' is only $532...

I never know how often I should wash our sheets. It ranges from once a week to every other week. I normally wash them in cold water so they will last longer, but this article really has me wondering.

How often do you wash your bedding?


{I've also added this question to my weekly poll, located at the top, right-hand corner of this page}

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the rug and ALL the sconces. I am on the search for some too :) I think Pottery Barn has some great ones!

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I'm a big lover of candles as well. It totally sets the mood.

As for sheet-washing, I try and do it once a week, but sometimes it gets to once every 2 weeks. Usually, never longer than that. I wouldn't worry too much about that article. Germs are EVERYWHERE. In the end, we do the best we can. I try not to think about what lurks in our bed (especially since our dog sleeps with us!)

Simple Daisy said...

Love candles too:):)

You asked about the color block next to my photos....I use a program called picnik!!
You can google it:):)

Take care!

Sharstin said...

i actually bought that rug! and i really love it--it is super soft! the sconces are great!

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

I love candle sconces and was actually just looking for some! The ones I am drawn to lean more to the romantic/traditional side than yours but I still LOVE your ideas! Maybe we should do a modern home/romantic home house tour post sometime. Wouldn't that be fun!?!?

As for your rug, I think it would look fantastic at your place. My friend has a similar one---maybe the same(?)) and you can see it live and in action at her blog here:
http://ohapostrophe.blogspot.com/2010/03/living-room-source-list.html

I feel like your place and her place would get along well! :)

D&D said...

west elm made a rug that looked just like that, search on ebay.
also i'd look for rugs at urban or hsn (i have a nate berkus rug that looks just like it for way less)

Unknown said...

Sconces are good for bathroom designs. You'll feel more relaxed like you would in a spa, because of the candles. We have hand forged iron sconces in our bathroom. My mom bought it when we had a home make over last year. She also bought hand forged home accents for our bed rooms and kitchen.

Anonymous said...

oohhhhh scarily eye opening. ha i will probably still stick with my every other week routine though! i am bad!

that rug is gorgeous, ps. I wouldnt mind having it either!

Related Posts with Thumbnails