Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses - CHECK!

As I mentioned earlier, my little sister, Rachel, is getting married!! They set the date for January 7th, 2011...that's 1-7-11. Such a fun date, no?

Rach lives in NY, but her fiancee {as well as my husband and I} live just outside Philly. Thankfully, it's just a 3 1/2 hour drive and she has the summer off {she's a teacher}, so I get to see her quite often. Last night, we kicked the boys out and had a fabulous girls' night, filled with delicious food {Pesto Pizza and Creamsicle Floats ~ mmm}, lots of chatting, and of course, wedding planning! We created a new registry for her at BB&B and edited her Target registry {let's just say that future husbands aren't very good at picking out kitchen items}. It was sooo much fun!

I get to be her Maid of Honor {oh wait, technically Matron of Honor, since I'm married...but that makes me sound like I'm 85 years old} and her Wedding Planner, which is a dream come true!

She's been having some people try to push her around {you know how some people get when it comes to wedding-planning} so I've done my best to just answer questions instead of forcing my opinions on her.

However, when she told me she wanted coral dresses and coral roses for her bridesmaids, I had to say something. I gently explained to her how this would cause a problem {coral is a tricky color and the dresses and flowers would most likely either blend together and look weird or completely clash}. Then, I suggested coral dresses and green flowers like these...


...or coral roses with aqua colored dresses {wouldn't the colors look great at a beach wedding?}.

She loved the idea of having coral colored roses, but she fell in love with the Solid embossed Lorelei dress from J.Crew. Ruched, strapless, textured, cotton ~ way too good to pass up. They had it in "coral", so she decided to go with that...only to find out that they had just one left in stock! She ordered the dress, in hopes that they would get more.

Then, this afternoon, she called to let me know that she had a revelation:

Although the dress was no long available in "coral", they did have it in "bright seaside":


Isn't it pretty?! She immediately bought one for each of her bridesmaids. I can't wait to wear it to her destination wedding! And now she can have her coral roses after all :)


What are some dilemmas you dealt with when planning your wedding?


Oh, and in case you're curious...our {tiny, gorgeous} mother is going to wear the coral colored dress that Rach originally purchased from J.Crew.


P.S. I just received notification that one of the items from my shop is currently being featured on etsy: how fun!

10 comments:

simplyvonne said...

pretty blue! for our wedding..I got my bridesmaids turquoise dress that was super affordable at Dillards :)

christine, just bella said...

SUPER cute! I love the colour combos you guys are going for.

*sigh* I just love wedding planning! So fun to hear all your plans, congrats to your sis!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Love the new color combo! Congrats on being featured on etsy! That is a big deal!!

Lindsay N. Strickland said...

The dress is adorable. I ordered my girls dresses from JCrew, packaged them up super cute and sent them as a surprise in the mail! The girls at JCrew were so helpful! Weddings are so much fun! :)

Lynett said...

I love the turquoise dresses and can't get enough of the turquoise with coral! Lovely!

Pinky said...

HI there, just found your blog and wanted to say we are NEIGHBORS!!! I live in Landenberg, Pa. about 40 minutes from West Chester. My husband grew up in WC and we met at WEst Chester State (it wasn't a university yet!!!). Just wanted to say hi! My daughter is getting married in Sept. I love the dresses your sisiter chose! XO, Pinky

simplyMae said...

Nat, I love the seaside dress it will be so beautiful with the coral roses, your sister's wedding will be so beautiful! And that is so fun that you get to be the wedding planner, I know you will have lots of fun with that!!

jenn from midlife modern said...

That dress is adorable and would look great with coral flowers!

HaleyRyan said...

Love your blog and love this color palette! Good luck with wedding planning. It's so much fun isn't it? =)

Lauren @ with two cats said...

Love JCrew for bridesmaids' (and brides')dresses! Gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails