Thursday, January 21, 2010

I have a secret...

I am utterly obsessed with decorating our child's bedroom...and I don't even have any kids!

{And, to answer the inevitable question, no I am not pregnant!}

I can't help it; decorating for babies and kids is just so much fun! I've already decided that I'm going to stay away from traditional baby themes. However, I'm not choosing anything too bold, either, as I want it to remain a soothing environment for our little one.

We'll probably go with a contemporary color scheme (aquamarine, gray, etc.), stenciled designs on the wall (trees, animals, etc.), and definitely some cute monogrammed pillows, blankets, etc.

Our official nursery details will not be divulged until I actually have a bun in the oven. Since we're not going to start "trying" for a few years, I hope you enjoy disappointment...anyone catch where that quote is from? ;)

In the meantime, feel free to peruse some of my favorite spaces for kids and babies...



















Aren't they all just adorable?! I can't wait 'til we can decorate a sweet little room of our own! :)

11 comments:

Krista said...

I too have this same odd obsession & no I'm not preggo either. I even actually make purchases (not many) but a few! I say, carry on & know that you are not alone.

cait said...

oh wow, I completely relate to this post! I had my first moment of temptation last weekend when I had my hands on a pillow I thought would be perfect in a nursery. I resisted the temptation...and admitted to my hubby later. Glad I'm not the only one... :)

Sarah said...

I love them all...simple, white and blue (most of them!)...you have good taste!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Um, yes those are all awesome rooms. It's ok to have it in mind without any immediate plans for kids! I will be bookmarking this post to inspire myself as well!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Confession! I do the exact same thing. I love kids room.

Mommas Soapbox said...

I LOVE to decorate and love looking at photos like these!

I'm in the process of re-doing my rugrat sons room and then I'll move to my rugrats daughters' room!

Loved the post!

Unknown said...

Too funny! I love the first photo! At least you have plenty of planning time. =)

simplyMae said...

Oh how fun...I love the chandelier in the first one and I love all the tree themed rooms too!! Especially the big thick tree with the colorful leaves. I do wish you were telling me you had a bun in the oven though :)

Joyeful said...

Ok, we so have the same style!!! I absolutely love every single one of these rooms!! I have to decorate the new baby's room now and I've been wanting to paint a tree on the wall. I might have to try burlap, though--it looks pretty incredible!

Thanks for visiting me!

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

Thanks for the inspiration, we have just moved into a new home and I have been thinking about ways to decorate my little girl's bedroom. Now I am feeling very inspired.

Marianne said...

Hi there ! We really have similar taste when it comes to nurseries !!!! Thanks for the inspiration !

Related Posts with Thumbnails