Monday, February 22, 2010

Point and Shoot

On Friday, I accepted Chantelle's challenge to take a picture over the weekend of something worth sharing.


This is what I decided on:


:: A glimpse of the adorable desk calendar I won from Stephanie

:: A square Ikea vase that once held peonies, roses, and hypericum berries at our wedding, now filled with vibrant blooms in orange and yellow

:: A vase, given to me by my mother, holding balls of twine

:: Two turquoise books from the thrift store


The flowers were a housewarming gift from Lindsay of Salt and Sentiment. Aren't they lovely? The cheery promise of Spring to come. I, of course, love the aquamarine grosgrain bow she tied them together with {now tied around the vase}. Be sure to check out Lindsay's blog! It's filled with fashion, decorating, and all things fabulous.


I also entered this week's challenge over at I Heart Faces, which was "Hands-On Fun". I posted a picture I took of Ben holding my hand, the weekend he proposed to me in NYC:


Unfortunately, I only got about half of the things done on my list that I posted about yesterday...wups! Oh well, that's what Mondays are for. So, what did you do this past weekend? Were you lazy like me? :)

8 comments:

Dreams of Perfection said...

I love both photos. The photos w/ the flowers, did you do that arrangement yourself? I love the colors!!! And also the photo that was taken when you were engaged is so romantic. Oh how I wish I would've done the same.

Freckles Chick said...

Ohhhhh! I simply ADORE the saturated, vintage look of the flowers but the one of you & your sweetie's hands is so utterly romantic.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Sweet post! I really like the black and white photo, especially because of its sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by my place and saying hi!

Maureen Stevens said...

I love how all the desk items have special meaning, That's what I do with everything I have in my home. Oh & that image of your hands is amazing!

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

look how those flowers opened up! so beautiful.
I like that they tell a story about your desk...

Your hands tell a story too. It's a very nice picture too. Is this framed somewhere?? Should be!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments !

Lindsay: I couldn't believe the flowers! They were pretty when you gave them to me but now they are absolutely beautiful! The perfect addition to my desk ~ thanks for your thoughtfulness! :)

I haven't framed the picture of our hands, but now I'm thinking perhaps I should!

AmberLee said...

oh, the desk shot is completely lovely. yea for turquoise. and I love the other too. what a romantic pic for remembering that moment.

simplyMae said...

Those pictures are both gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails