Sunday, January 24, 2010

Turquoise!

In case you didn't hear...

Pantone Selects 2010 Color of the Year

The hue is one of 3,000 colors available in Pantone's line of eco-friendly paint.

LAUREL PETRIELLO -- INTERIOR DESIGN, 12/14/2009

Hot and fresh out of the Pantone color guide is 2010’s color of the year, number 15-5519 Turquoise.

The global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, selected the luminous color based on its juxtaposition of tranquil blue notes and energizing green tones. In the essence of color therapy, the hue should evoke soothing, serene emotions, while restoring vigor, zest, and motivation.

“In many cultures, Turquoise occupies a very special position in the world of color,” says Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “It is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky. Through years of color word-association studies, we also find that Turquoise represents an escape to many—taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting, even if only a fantasy.”

A universally flattering color with warm and cool undertones, Turquoise complements neutrals, reds, deep blues, greens, and yellows, making it exceptionally easy to translate to fashion and interiors. The hue is also one of 3,000 colors available in Pantone’s line of eco-friendly paint, which combine the accuracy of Pantone Colors with high-performance Dutch paints.


I have loved the color turquoise {and all of its similarly hued friends ~ aquamarine, mint, etc.} for YEARS, so I'm glad that the design world recognizes how wonderful it really is! :)








9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love the turquoise! It's my favorite!

I would love it if you emailed me sometime. You mentioned in a comment that you recently moved to the West Chester area. I work out that way - at Terrain at Styer's. It's a gorgeous garden shop and restaurant owned by Urban Outfitters. You would love it!

If you'd like to chat sometime, you can reach me at peacockfeathersphilly@gmail.com.

simplyMae said...

I LOVE Turquoise too!!! There are so many wonderful varieties of turquoise which makes it the perfect accent color in so many different places/rooms. It was fun to read about such a beautiful color :). Also I am in LOVE with that turquoise candle stick in the first picture.

Jen@Notes From the Heartland said...

Hello Lovely Little Nester! Wanted to let you know the color of MY turquoise! :-) It's Arctic Blue by Benjamin Moore. Oh, and the designs on my calendar came from various vector graphic sites on the web, and some were my own creation. Thanks for visiting Notes From the Heartland!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

It's a great colour. I think they picked well. x

Unknown said...

I adore all of the shades of turquoise! Just makes me smile!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

How interesting!!! I should have figured, as it is my youngest daughter's latest fave!!! And heaven knows...she's "hip and happenin'". : )
I scrolled down to see your beautiful pencil sketch of Abraham Lincoln. Just wonderful!!!
If you look under my "Labels" on my blog to find 'Our Office/Den', you will see that we have a picture of Lincoln (as well as Washington) on the walls and also a pair of Lincoln bookends on the desk. : )
Have a good day,
M.L.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

Those are such great inspiration images! I love the turq floor... amazing!!

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

I love the tufted headboard.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Whew. I was ahead of my time. Ah ha ha. My whole house is littered with various shades of turq!

Related Posts with Thumbnails